Monday, June 8, 2009

The Last Monday of Kindergarten


An entire school year is coming to a close with my little Grace ending her tenure as a kindergartner. I really feel like I could weep when I dwell on that thought. How could this be? I am amazed at how much she has changed in just 10-months! She is not the same child pictured here. She is somehow more wise and sophisticated. She's less scared and more confident. She bears report cards describing her as a joy to teach and a good influence for her peers. Her book bag is looking smaller and more worn. She has an entire group of friends that I didn't have any part in her making.

Nowhere are these changes more obvious to me than when I see her quietly reading her book while Ava is watching Dora on the TV. Wow, what a difference a year makes!


This year has been an amazing journey for our little Grace!



She became a Daisy Girl Scout in troop 47!






She took her very first trip to Disney World!




She completed her 2ND year of dance class and
was an amazing mermaid at the recital!

She watched her first 3D movie, endured allergy shots twice a week, learned to read, tasted pickled okra, learned to swim, completed homework, conquered the monkey bars, discovered her love of art class, ate cafeteria pizza for the first time, enjoyed her first pedicure and attended birthday parties without us.

Will she remember this kindergarten year forever? Will I?


At this time next week, I will be the proud mama of a "grader". This mom will spend the next 11-weeks trying to remember to cherish the summer. Thankful for the downtime and saving my energy for another round!


Welcome Summer!

1 comment: